Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Did I say 9 minutes faster than my goal? I meant 11!


Well, the numbers are in and there is no denying it. I am a goal exceeding machine! My final time was 2:19:20!

Based on some goal setting advice from the lovely and talented Sharon Adams of Rising Sun Fitness, I set 3 goals for myself for this event - I accomplished Tier 3 without a problem - that alone would have been a success. I checked off Tier 2 as well - in fact, I exceeded it - which was amazing. I missed Tier 1 but that was a my reach goal and with an sprained ankle and it being my first time I felt okay about that too.

Here were my goals.

Tier 3 Goal – Finish the race! And to hold my head high across the finish line – no negative self-talk about what I could or couldn’t have done differently. [This was my tier 3 goal but it was not the easiest. I executed this one brilliantly and it's the goal I am most proud of.]

Tier 2 – Complete in 2:30 minutes – that’s a little stretch but also very achievable. (30 swim; 60 bike; 45 run; 15 transitions). [Actuals were 25:33 swim; 61:57 bike; 45:30 run; 6:20 transitions - total: 2:19:20]

Tier 1 – Be on target to complete the Reston Tri on Sept. 7th in 4 hours (22:30 swim; 59:20 bike; 37:45 run - total: 2:05:55 with transitions) - I felt short of this by about 13 1/2 minutes. I could find 3 of that in transitions which leaves me with 10 minutes I need to find in 4 months. Doable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment