Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I DO NOT WEAR SIZE 8 1/2 SNEAKERS!

And when is this fact important? When your weight loss coach takes you on a 3 hour hike in the sierra mountains. Monica Risam and I once marched from BUDA to PEST (yes they are two cities!) on our Great, Post-college Eastern European tour. Her (now annoying) childhood boyfriend took us on the most painful tour on the planet which, to this day, we call out Nazi Death Hike through Budapest. It was NOT fun. Much like today. I'd describe the hike but I can't stand to think about it. I am covered in dust and sweat, my hands are still swollen as I type, there is a cramp in my side, my ass hurts, my hips are killing me, my knees are throbbing, and best of all, my GODDAMN shoes were too small so my feet are killing me.

After the death march ...er.. um... hike, I went directly to the golf shop and said, "Pardon me. Do you have any size 9 sneakers? I would like to purchase a pair." And so it came to be that today, for the first time in my life, I charged a pair of sneakers to my hotel room. Check out the image, they are pretty nice!

I'm going in the pool now. And not for exercise.

2 comments:

  1. this means you can now wear my shoes. rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My workout shoes and hiking boots are always a half size bigger than my dress/city shoes - which means they are an 11! The extra room gives your toes room as your foot slides forward with all the exquisite activity and motion!

    ReplyDelete