Saturday, August 04, 2007

You want blog...

Have laptop will travel and man have I traveled today. The flight to Vegas was a bit tedious with a stop in Indianapolis but no matter - the flights were on time and the seat-mates bearable. Getting to Reno proved trickier. First the door on our plane was broken so they were going to get us a new plane, then the new plane couldn't park at our gate because someone was having a heart attack on the old plane (the one with the broken door). So we had to move gates but there was already a mass of Southwest style people lined up for the Oklahoma flight that was supposed to leave from that gate so they all had to move and then. Eventually - after what seemed like a million delays - we got on the plane.... which was about 120 degrees. I kid you not. It was 108 in Vegas today and this plane had been baking in the sun. They couldn't cool it down. And they took so long trying that we missed our take off window so we had to wait an hour, in the hot plane, on the tarmac. Nice. Mostly I didn't mind because I had internet access and no where to be until 5:45 when I had a decadent 75 minute hot stone massage booked. The flight was supposed to get in at 1:05. How late could we be?
How late indeed! We pulled in close to 4. My shuttle from the hotel had come and gone and there were no available shuttles at such short notice. A cab, I soon learned, would cost $145.... EACH WAY. And that, my friends, is how I ended up at a resort, with a rental car. Oh you better believe I got here in time for my massage. And with a smile on to boot. I had booked a standard room but the girl at the front took one look at me and said "You look like a nice person. I am going to upgrade you." And here I find myself, typing this entry from the office of my 600 square foot suite (for those of you taking notes that's about the size of my apartment in Virginia). It's got a slate floor, a spa tub and standing shower, a nicely sized eat in kitchen, an office nook, bedroom with a king size bed, and a living room with a working fire place.

Here's a picture


I just got back from my delicious massage. And I'm off to find dinner. Looking forward to meeting Brooke tomorrow! I keep thinking I am going to see her, but this place is huge.

1 comment: